Why would I deactivate or reactivate a user?
- You are encouraged to regularly audit your users, to ensure only users who are actively using VAN get access.
- You may also need to reactivate a user who needs to access VAN regularly.
- Like someone who is returning to their county party or their campaign and needs their account back.
How frequently do I need to audit my users?
- You should plan to audit your users at regular intervals.
- For counties: monthly or quarterly.
- For campaigns: at a key point during the cycle.
- Right after a primary, a run-off, or an election itself.
How can I deactivate or reactivate a user?
- Go to the Admin Settings screen and look for Users.
- Go to the Users screen to search for the account of your user.
- Search for the account of your user by filling in their information in the appropriate boxes.
- To find an active user account: select Active.
- To find a deactivated account: select Inactive.
- Select Refresh Results.
- To deactivate or reactivate once you've found the user:
- To deactivate an account: select Inactive under Status, then select OK when being asked for confirmation in a pop-up box.
To reactivate an account: select Active under Status, then select OK when being asked for confirmation in a pop-up box.
- Select the appropriate User Name to access the account of your user
Select Save to complete the process.